PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Recon Marine
Thread: US Recon Marine
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 12:28
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

KBF1,
You claim to be an Officer in the British Army; I am amazed as to how uniformed you are. Before you comment on US foreign policy you should at least try and understand it!

The original terms of reference of the campaign were never "to purely root out OBL". Every American spokesperson from President Bush downwards has been at pains from Day One to state that this is not limited to one man. Equally, you shall recall the mantra about those who harbour terrorists are the same as the terrorists themselves. That is why the Taliban went on the shopping list, not mission creep, just clearly stated Foreign Policy. Further, how on earth can we get at the terrorists which is not, and never was, limited to OBL, but includes Al Queera and anybody else that slithers out from under the rocks, if the Taliban harbour them? How would you have dealt with the Taliban- by fax?

I certainly take exception to your stance regarding "Carpet Bombing". I am unaware, and I note you furnish no examples, where the US has bombed with dumb, or smart ordinance, in a manner that blatantly disregarded the safety of non-combatants. In the circumstances the US has been amazingly restrained, given that they have some 4000 reasons to be unstrained

Whilst you have the right to express your opinions, you also have the duty as an Officer in HM Forces to be informed on current affairs; I suggest you get informed and fast because US foreign policy and HM Govts policies are amazingly similar!

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: Liam Gallagher ]