PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Recon Marine
Thread: US Recon Marine
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 02:22
MajorMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Coast...gotta agree with you on the Royal Marines, damn tough lot they are, and I am even happier they enjoy their work so slugs like myself can stay in the Air Force (same applies for submariners!). There are several threads going at this moment that are US. vs UK vs. the world vs. etc, etc.; and they are all getting rather boring. I have been lucky enough to work with militaries from lots of countries, from both western and eastern Europe, and needless to say there were things about them and their countries I liked and didn't like or agree with, but overall I respect them for being fellow brothers-in-arms. This is especially true with Her Majesty's forces, a great bunch, well trained and justifiably proud of what they do.

My point (I was getting to one...) is that all these personal opinions are just like a$$holes, we know everyone has one but most of us really don't want to hear it! Regardless of what the US Constitution says about free speech, it does not require me to listen to what every moron wants to say.

By the way, I got this same letter via email last week and even mailed it to a bud of mine in the RAF. I can’t tell you if it is truth or BS, doesn’t really matter as much as it’s a pretty amusing read!

Cheers!