PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Recon Marine
Thread: US Recon Marine
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2001, 17:57
kbf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assuming that this "letter" is for real:

1. The SAS would not be honking about being cold, wet, and pi$$ed off. Given that you are so far removed from the nearest pizza parlour war must be hell for you.

2. I am glad to see that living in a country that is demographically so diverse that you see the human value of culture. Or is it only acceptable to have a diverse cultrual make up so long as it is within America? Cavemen? or Afghans from a country beyond the hallowed shores of the US?

3. Huns? I suppose that the gang warfare on the streets of LA where people are murdered simply for wearing the wrong colour would be the living example of the American Dream? I suppose the tribal wars that have taken place in Afghanistan, although practically the same as gang-warfare in LA, is the neanderthal un-civilised barbarity of cavemen. After all, if they were American it would be ok to fight?

4. I am glad to see that you have the humanity to recognise human suffering. It must be so gratifying to think that were it not for the US needlesly carpet bombing Afghanistan there would be no refugee camps to feed these sub-human cavemen. And after all, they should be so grateful for having their houses bombed into oblivion in return to having a few TV dinners dropped out of the back of a Herc. Who needs strategic deployment of ground forces when you can save some decomissioning costs of getting rid of some old 1000lb-ers by dropping them on an already backward (i.e. non-American) country.

5. I suspect that your opinions were formed by watching CNN while eating the pizza you are so angry can't be delivered now.

I dispair of attitudes such as these as they drive politicians to decimate a country for the sake of TV publicity and votes. I was pilloried in another thread for saying that the US cannot accept that not everyone wants to be an American. I have experienced first hand the contempt for anything non-American that so many Americans hold. It is no surprise to me that matey wrote what he did. Sad really.

[ 09 December 2001: Message edited by: kbf1 ]