PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong: Why do we live here?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2007, 03:28
priapism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was visiting my brother in Yuen Long last year and was waiting for him in the foyer of the huge yum cha place there.(the Kar Ching??) I had just picked up about 200 photo prints that I had taken in Melbourne and had printed at the local Kodak shops. Among these photos were some great shots of half a dozen hot air balloons that grace the sky at low level over my house occasionally and some photos from the surf beach at Lorne. There were a couple of local elderly China's waiting as well and they couldn't help but look on as I flipped through my prints. I can't speak Cantonese and they couldn't speak English , but I did my best to explain what the photo's were about. Pretty soon I had an appreciating audience of locals who were also waiting and they were pointing at my balloon and beach shots and seemed impressed indeed .

My brother eventually arrived and laughed when he saw what was going on.
He speaks very good Cantonese and I told him that they were really into the balloons. He listened in and told me it wasn't the balloons and beach they were impressed with it was the clear, blue cloudless skies!

The things we take for granted!

There is surprisingly good hiking in Honkers. I love the place to visit and could live there for a short term but I would miss the clean air. Even in Yuen Long it is pretty bad. I made the mistake of attempting a run there one morning. I've never had asthma but I really did feel quite tight in the chest and had to stop.