PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A340 of Iberia skids off runway in Quito
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 21:22
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Rainboe,

if it was me that caused you to become
Ex-as-per-at-ed-To make very angry or impatient; annoy greatly!
then humble apologies. I put a question mark behind my statement for good reason. Even tough I am in the industry for now 20 odd years, I'd not dream of suggesting that nor being an expert in engineering, I just put it there as a question. Looking at these http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=515 pics however seem to tell me that there is a lot broken with the aircraft and, as others have pointed out here, moving it might break some more.

I do recall an incident where an A319 went astray during a taxi test at Munich and had an unpleasant encounter with a Dash 8 in the process, resulting in spar damage amongst other bent metal and composite. It took the experts from Airbus and the airline several weeks to decide wether to fix it or to part it out, in the end they did fix it but it took pretty long. Likewise with a brand new 737 which ended up in a hailshower, they called it a write off when it first entered the hangar, and financially it was, but they fixed it.

I understood however that other aircraft, which were much less damaged, ended up on the heap.

So if I have annoyed anyone, sorry. It was and is my perception however that we are an aviation forum and as such, asking questions along these lines should still be allowed...

AN2.