PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 10th Nov 2007, 17:31
MonsterC01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussies in V Australia

These guys are going to have to be real careful they don't end up with a SAFA mafia running the show, as is the case in some other companies. If V Australia hires to many more south africans into management the VB Capt's that transfer over may end up being the only Aussies working for V Australia.
It's more than a little suspect that the Dir of Op's and now the Training manager are both SAFA's, and neither has any experiance on type.
I know for sure that one of the other guys that applied for the position was the 777 training manager at EK for 5 years, with 12 years Chk and Tng on type, AND AN AUSSIE!!!!
It's dishearting as an Aussie pilot working over seas to see Aussie airlines would rather try and find cheap overseas pilots, rather than pay a little extra to try and enchourage some of the experianced aussie pilots overseas to come home. Virgin were only too keen to reduce the 737 salary by 20% for guys going onto the jungle jets because it's a smaller plane. What a surprise that they're now not willing to apply the same logic to salaries when it's going the other way.
Looks like it will be a long time before I will be able to afford to take a job back in Australia!

The wait continues,

Monster.