PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 14:10
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer 08

Quite dissapointed if this is all we are going to get from either LS or EZY for S08 from NCL. Overall quite a reduction in routes/rotations over what we had in S07.

Whilst I accept that LS plans have been thrown out by their ability or rather lack of ability to source those 767s. On what we have left from LS I would think the once weekly service to Pisa will spell the death sentance for this route, the stats seem to suggest this was a popular short break destination so the dropping to one roatation a week kills off this market. Also suprised that Krakow has gone as they achieved, I believe, good yields on the 757s on this one.

On the EZY front I always thought that getting both the aircraft Newcastle lost to Belfast back was a long shot and it would seem on the evidence to be the case. Overall from EZY we have, over SO7 a drop in daily rotations to STN, PMI, GDG and BFS. Clearly EZY have made the decision that they can make more money at airports other than NCL.

Whilst LS have scalled back at both NCL and MAN, so were not alone in the LS reductions, I can see no similar reductions from any of the other UK EZY base on the scale we are seeing at NCL. This is worrying as its more than consolodation by them this is clearly a service reduction and expansion still appears to be going ahead at every other EZY UK base - should we worry?

Not sure where NCL go from here perhaps DLs first job should be to start courting MOLs lot and get Ryanair to set up a base at NCL - before I get shot down in flames this is a bit tongue in cheek as I am aware that this is is not going to happen.

Thanks