PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation Type Rating or Flight Instructors Course?
Old 10th Nov 2007, 11:58
Rollerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interseting stuff looks like you are thinking about three tried and tested routes here:

1. FIC and rating, so far all the comments above ring true for the FIC, excellent course hone your skills and keep the log book ticking over. Traditionally many FIs that have wanted to move into the airline or BJ world have been welcomed with open arms. Only draw back I can see is the subsistance lifestyle whilst instructing at PPL level. Still if you are prepared to pay Ryan then you much have some backing.

2. Pay for type rating BJ, Ryanair or GCAT, CAE. The only problem I can see with BJ is your experience. I believe some companies have an hours limit on flying even CJ this is due to insurance premiums. You may need to complete a multi crew rating on CJ not single crew. Though this is possible make sure you have interested parties before completing the rating because of the low hours angle. As for Ryan and other schemes there is loads of info for and against on pprune. Drawbacks for all these schemes are cold hard cash problems living as instructor for a year? Check out these costs.

3. Why not apply to Eastern, Flybe or Loganair etc. All take low hours pilots with a bond of sorts so no massive outlay and a contract. Go back to your Flight Trg provider and ask them what they can do for you. Your excellent record should hold you in good stead.

What I am trying to say is think before you leap. There are so many different ways to achive the same result.

Roller