PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets Captain upgrade...
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 03:31
palgia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NetJets Captain upgrade...

Hello all!

I am interested in knowing how NJE prioritizes captain upgrades. Are the upgrades awarded based on seniority or solely on flight time/experience?

On their website they post 3000hrs as their mins for upgrade, indicating that a new-hire that comes in with that amount can expect to upgrade within 6 months.

Does seniority play a part in any of this upgrading, or is it simply that they are super-short on captains and virtually all FOs have less than 3000hrs? (and therefore forced to upgrade anyone who meets the mins, even if it means violating seniority)

The reason I'm asking is that I'm at 2000hrs right now, working for a scheduled carrier. While my goal is to work at NJE, I'm wondering if it would be smarter to wait one year, get an extra 800 hours, so that if I get hired at NJE I would upgrade much sooner than if I went there right now (since I hear NJE pilots on short haul fly only 300-450/year).
Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or is it just better to get hired ASAP for seniority reasons?

Also, last question, does anyone know what determines short-haul vs. long-haul assignment once hired at NJE? Once hired, every how often can one transition between the two?

Thanks in advance for your replies!