PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Link - Eagle Air
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 21:12
Sqwark2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB,
AI refers to the Collective Employment Agreement, negotiated by the pilot group and ALPA effective Feb 2005 to Feb 2008.
All Air NZ link companies have a CEA, Air Nelson are re-negoitiating theirs at the moment, Eagle will be starting talks soon I guess, Mt. Cook has another year to run on theirs.
Further to AI's post, if you have all your ATPL subjects then you go straight to 3yr F/O pay, currently about $39,800K + allowances (and stay there till you complete 3 yrs or get a command upgrade), if you get a command upgrade in Yr 2 (highly likely) then you will go to actual time served Capt's pay i.e. if you start on Yr3 F/O because you have your subjects you will go to Yr 2 Capt in line with your actual time served. You of course get any annual CPI increases that are agreed to in the CEA, about 3%p.a.

Others financial items that are included:
transport allowance (to get you from home to the airport) = $1800p.a. approx
Uniform upkeep allowance (drycleaning) = $14/fortnight
Phone allowance (so they can call you when you're off duty) = $11 /fortnight
Meal Allowances (earned after each 4.5hrs Duty) = $17
Overnight Allowance = $105 approx (you have to eat dinner and in most cases breakfast from this)
Road Allowance = $0.62 /km (for self drive between bases if rostered)
Callouts (working on your days off / annual leave etc) = 1/175th of base salary

If you grossed up the tax-free allowances (all but callout from memory) then for a standard fortnight of 10 duties incl. 1 meal/duty, transport, uniform and phone then you can add $9.5K to your salary, any overnights and roads are extra, so basically equivalent $49.5K for a new F/O with subjects. Not a bad gig really for your first regional stint.

i enjoyed it immensely and but for a lack of preferred locations would maybe still be there waiting in line for Uncle Koru.... I recommend Eagle to any prospective wannabe

Good Luck

S2K