PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF and QLink big announcement?????
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 03:12
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Icarus53,

you must run in different social circles to most of the regional captains I know. After years of substandard wages in GA, years of substandard wages in Regional airlines, a mortgage in Sydney, and still more than one mouth to feed, many of the regional captains I know, self included, will hardly make the Forbes top 100 list! Many of these guys and girls will be flat out funding their retirement.

I'm not sure about QF Link at the moment, but the charge out the door of my company is being being led by the people that you have said will probably not leave anyway! This is a fact. It is no longer speculation, or the hoping against hope that it will not happen by a stubborn and narrow minded management.

A Retention bonus will (would) have worked. The problem I fear now is that it is more than likely too late, and what is on offer at QF Link is most definitely too little!

The cheif pilot at REX stated earlier in the year that he couldn't see the point in offering a pay-rise to senior people that would probably stay anyway! Sound familiar? Those same irreplacable people are now either gone, or are in the advance stages of going.

I suspect that the same type of people at QF Link will not be too far behind.

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 9th Nov 2007 at 04:31. Reason: clarity