PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2007, 22:10
kapalmuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kurimaw's game plan

kurimaw: first let me ask you how old you are. your present age will determine how much time you've got. what is your educational background? what is your degree & what school did you finish? how was your academic life? did you do good in school?

how is your general physical condition? is your eyesite 20/20 still? do you think you are not color blind? how about your physical built? is your weight proportional to your height? are you at least 5'4" tall?

i want to tell you that your point of view about the mechanic's job being of a health hazard due to toxic fumes is not accurate. so that only goes to show that a career in the airline is not all about reading from the books or the internet. you can memorize all the fcoms & not understand 100% what they are talking about. you have to do the job & be there exactly to get a full understanding of all this.

also being an mtp is pal will also require your total commitment. being a mechanic is not a simple stepping stone into an airlinepilot's job. it is an endeavor in itself.

i do not want to be a killjoy but unfortunately your salary as a mechanic will not be enought to enroll you into a flight school lest the pal av school.
the pal av school is still the quickest way to land a job as a pilot in pal.

final question & most vital: how much money can you produce? the fee for the pilot's course in the av school is approx P2M payable in 4 parts within a time frame of 2 years.
unfortunately, greedy LT has turned this into a money game. money that is what he cares about.

so you can understand now what this duscussions & the frustrations of the pilots are all about. LT has changed the whole game. In short it is a game that he only wins. he earns money out of you without you starting to be productive yet.

in the past you can qualify into a scholarship program in the av school so even not so rich people will have a chance just like a lot of old pilots like me.

another option is enter the military & land a slot in the phil air force. that will take around an 8 years contract just a year further than the mtp program you are talking about. that is how a poor student like yours truly passed thru to become a pilot. fortunately matters were less complicated during my time.

good luck boy & keep the dream burning.