PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Service Circus
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 22:27
mudpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left said airline about 9 years ago, yes disgruntled and promising myself never to fly with them again. I've been saying it for years and I know alot of people on here having been saying the same thing. That is, the only thing bringing pax back is the safety record. God forbid our airline has a major "you know what" and we all pray it never happens. But, if it does this airline will be finished.

In the numerous times I have flown with them there is only once I can remember that I can say "Hey, that was a great flight with good service".

The rest were terrible. Here are just a couple:
On a flight to Christchurch I remember on climb out of Sydney the seatbelt light went out the crew brought around the light snack then retired to the galley.......for the rest of the flight, curtains drawn. People were hitting the call buttons every couple of minutes with no response and having to go to the galley and ask for drinks. Absolutely disgusting and true.

Two months ago I took my family on a trip to Europe, wife and two kids.
Syd-HKG and HKG-SYD legs were Qf. Trip out, very ordinary nothing special. So boring in fact I barely remember it (and no there was no booze consumed by myself, maybe I should have had some come to think of it).
Anyway, our homeward bound leg. Are you ready for this? 744 aircraft, unhappy and sour cabin crew (what crap uniforms), on take off at HKG (I was positive we weren't getting off the ground, longest take off run I've ever experienced, yes it was hot, I know) the main gear left the runway and the pride of the fleet vibrated (like a giant had taken a jack hammer to the fuselage) for about 15 seconds. In all my flying I have never experienced anything like this and it scared the absolute crap out of me (and I love flying). Imagine driving your car doin about 80 and hitting consecutive speed humps one after the other, that's what it felt like.

Now just remember I had my kids on this flight and to top it off. The inflight entertainment system failed at the beginning of the flight lol and remained out for the entire flight. So it was up to me and my wife to keep my young kids occupied. Unbelievable, not. And guess what? In the middle of the flight the CSM came around and gave me a survey form to fill out. YES that's priceless. Filled it out telling them exactly how I felt highlighting all the problems, provided my details and wrote on it I wanted to be contacted to inform me they had received it. Have I been called? I hear you ask. What do you think?
OF COURSE NOT.

Good on you DIXON you dkhead you and your buddies have really stuffed a good airline. I pray that Qf never looses an aircraft not only for the loss of life but also for the fact that the only thing keeping this airline profitable and flying (it's safety record) will also be lost. Which may result in the demise of our national carrier.

Apologies to any I have offended in writing this (except for you Dixon). Sad but true. I really needed to put in my 2 bobs, no, fifty bucks worth in on this one. I look forward to some interesting replies. Thanks for reading this far.