PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 18:05
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orangelightbulbtech

But lots of crew dont want to leave; they have spent years working their way up and to leave would be like starting all over again.

I cant speak for Jnrs and Snrs as I havent been on for a long time. But the cost of living has increased somewhat over the last 15 years but my salary has not kept in line with this, not to mention my experience and expertise.

I'm actually a yes voter (just) and dead set against striking to the point that I will offer my services for free if we go to strike. Going back to your previous post, does that smack of a superiour selfish person?

You will notice that from these boards about 50% are yes and the other half a no, nowhere near your 90%!!!!!!!!

I was a no voter all the way through as I found the offers insulting. Then with the last one I looked at the bigger picture and went for a yes.....just.

VAA management know that they have a problem here, its has already snowballed to this and I believe that they will address this. When it is addressed it will interesting to see how other dept react to their own salaries. Will the ground staff engineers raech for a union themselves?

This has not been handled well at all, and has been a learning curve for all involved. No doubt in the future things will run smoother, but I guess you have to make mistakes in the early days.