PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss ATC help required
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 15:15
northernmonkey1261

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swiss ATC help required

Hi there all

I've tried to searchout all I can on the mighty PPrune on swiss atc, but most of it seems to be years old.
And the information on the skyguide website isn't exactly exhaustive

I am interested in a career in your green and pleasant land, and wondered if anybody on here was still working there and could give me bit of info.

Is there due to be eventually just the one ACC, which will be in Zurich, or have I got that wrong? If so, as of when? I gather it has been delayed.

If not is it a choice between Geneva and Zurich. What's the difference? Just high and low level sectors?

Whats it like working there? I have read that French/ German is required on Prune, but the website does not mention it. Obviously quality of life would deem it necessary, but I am interested in what is required.

What kind of make up of nationalities do you have? Is skyguide a good company? Many perks? Is there a good pension, or is there a pension at all?

How is the money? I gather you have low tax, but are things so expensive that you cannot establish a high standard of living, or is it a great life? Can non nationals buy houses there?
Do some people live in Germany/ France/ Austria/ Liechtenstein and drive to work?

Do you have a short course for already valid controllers? Or is it the full course for all, regardless of experience, like Eurocontrol?

Sorry to fire a whole load of questions, I have emailed your people, but await a reply, and would love to come for a visit if they allow it, or ever reply.

Thanks in advance for your time

NM

Ps- and is the weather really 6 months of rain as I've read?!