PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 13:06
shortm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Virgin cabin crew think they are superior

That comment really annoys me. I'm Virgin cabin crew, I have also worked short haul & charter and worked within a different role at Virgin, and I in no way think I am superior to anyone - be they at Virgin or Easyjet, in any position.

If I understand what is being said correctly, and I might not have, then the comment is being made that based on an hourly rate a technician and cabin crew earn the same money. The difference that as I see it is that a technician is able to do overtime etc to make up their money if they wish to, they are also not penalised by losing out on money when they are off sick or on leave, that would be leave that they also appear to have little control over when it is taken looking at the recent allocations for those of us based at MAN. A technician is paid their shift allowance constantly not only for the days when they are actually in work.

Yes, it is fair to say that we don't work particularly that many hours. However, as I have recently found out, it is difficult to take on a second job when there is every likelihood that your whole roster will end up changing just because of being called on one block of standby.

For me, what irked me most about the pay deal, wasn't the amount which we were / are being offered on basic pay, it was the way the company fiddled with the figures with each revised offer to make us think it was something better when effectively it was the same.

Please do not make comments saying "ALL Virgin crew" when you simply do not know what all cabin crew think.