PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 11:48
orangelitebulbtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why do you keep refering to a technician as a cabin tech, when it comes to pay. An a/c, cabin and avionics technician are all payed the same under the great tier system.
so what you are saying is that, an a/c tech who works in any weather at any time to keep you lot in the air flying who has done a 5 year apprenticeship and at least 2 year exp before virgin would even talk to them and then add another 2 years to get an 'a' licence, so we are talking 9 years to get a half decent wage!!!
what did we get this year 2% and now the threat of losing our jobs as well.
do we care about cabin crew with their 6 weeks training, and how they moan about where going and 'im never flying there again' attitude.

if you dont like it leave and go and work for BA or Easy jet and work for a living and let us keep our jobs !!!!!!!

Well said! The problem is that Virgin cabin crew honestly believe that they are in some way 'superior' to other employees of Virgin and cabin crew of other airlines....... From day one they seem to pick up this belief.

As an ex employee of Virgin and someone who has completed a four year apprenticeship, many years of 'on the job training' many more years of studying to gain a CAA Licence...... i find the attitude of these people amazing!...... they are never happy

They have a job where they get to travel all over the world, see many different wonderful locations...... and on most flights work less than twelve hours..... and get paid for it!

I have a job that involves working in all conditions, long twelve hour shifts and often pages of paperwork to complete to certify the aircraft fit to fly.......... can you imagine that sort of responsibility?

Virgin Cabin Crew....... you dont know when you are well off!

Oh and incidentally...... after nearly 10 years i decided i didnt like the drive to Heathrow and what i was being paid, so i left Virgin and now work for another airline that at the moment pays a bit more....... its that simple really!

Last edited by orangelitebulbtech; 6th Nov 2007 at 12:29.