PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are You Serious?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2001, 11:59
Nil nos tremefacit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WC (unlucky initials)

I fully understand and support the USA position in dealing with the source of terrorism directed at it. I also believe that the UK is right to support the USA, but I'm not convinced that a similar attack on the UK would have engendered the same response from the USA. I honestly think that if Canary Wharf had been destroyed we would not have had the support of the USA in pulling together a coalition. I think they might, just might, have closed down a couple of bank accounts, but experience shows that the USA does not go to war until it's own interests are threatened - WWI, WWII are clear examples. Did you know that by the time the USA went to war in WWII we had already had all of our major industrial cities bombed (2000 citizens were killed in 2 nights in my hometown alone)? Indeed the USA didn't go to war to defeat Nazi Germany. The Germans declared war on the USA to support their Japanese allies.

I'm sorry, but if Harrods (Arab owned) had been destroyed the USA would have turned it's back on us as would everyone else. Indeed the response after the last bombing of Harrods (IRA Xmas bombing campaign) was for citizens of the USA to pay more money for more bombs - c*nts.

Where were you after Omagh?