PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are You Serious?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2001, 23:08
West Coast

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Ralf
I will pray for her as long as you agree to pray for all the mothers in Chile that lost sons. I wonder how many of them felt justice was at hand only to have it snatched from them by Jack Straw's decision not to extradite Pinochet for trial. I trust I need not educate you to his regime. Pinochet was a frequent and welcomed visitor to the U.K. especially when he brought his checkbook. I am the first to say that the U.S. has blood on its hand as it relates to him, as do you chaps. However you Brits had a perfect chance to wash your hands of the blood of innocents and bring him to justice via a legit extradition request. His was not fraud nor petty crime to paraphrase you , but genocide.
Trust when I say that there are plenty of American with a sense of history as it applies to the actions of the U.S. in the past and present. I suggest prior to being so critical about the U.S. you should be a bit more introspective and do the same of your past and present policies. you will find plenty to keep you busy for awhile.