PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are You Serious?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2001, 06:47
everhard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,
Having just spent the last 12 weeks against my will in the land of the free, I can say that it is true CNN does not represent the intellect of the average American in Arizona - none of them are so clever. The level of ignorance over here is astounding, and clearly Phoenix only exists to take all the rednecks that can't navigate to Texas!
I for one can't wait to get home to the only country with 'Great' in the title, and get away from all this flag-waving, in-your-face bulls**t!

Don't leave with the impression that I dislike Americans (I don't as it happens), but the ability of a nation with so much potential, to be so collectively stupid is mind-boggling. It also bugs me that their news media still refer to the IRA as 'freedom fighters', and not one European or Israeli appears on their '22 most wanted' terrorist list - why?

Lets hope the Americans pull their head out of their ass long enough to take a reality check what the rest of the world (yes, it does extend beyond 50 states!) actually does, and just maybe things might change in the future.