PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa 738 at Katowice?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 10:57
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

lederhosen, first off, my apologies. . . . .maybe it is not their charm affecting me, but their rostered demands sometimes do. Perhaps sleeper and I have been lucky, but as of yet I have never had a disconnect. What I have had is a few wobbly moments below 200', and indeed the other night I sat and watched the LOC at GSE with more than a little interest as it wobbled from 1000' down, but still it landed OK. In spite of that I am firmly in the Autoland camp, but I agree wholeheartedly with your caution, it is very possible to end up with other probs, particularly when LVP's are not in force, or dare I say not understood or respected by another crew. I believe TNT @ EMA "may" have been due to someone suffering finger trouble and disconnecting instead of replying to a late RVR check ? ? and then trying to mistakenly resel dual chann (or not) below min engage height, which of course opens up the fatigue aspect, which I fear we may have to revisit in the AEA "incident" (to pacify our Spanish colleagues). Sorry again for my caustic nature lederhosen, us Scot's normally have less Gallic charm than the one's on the other side of the Irish Sea, I am obviously in need of visiting home to top up my charm school.As Ferrobus and LYKA have said, we only see a very small part of the picture as regards quality of signal at or below 200', I wonder how dodgy it has to be before a Warning to not use below 200' is notified ? or indeed is there any requirment to generate such a warning on the part of the airfield operator ?