PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotters jailed in Greece!
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2001, 17:52
Greg Baddeley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, you've all made your points of view quite clear, I must say.

Whatever the group may or may not have done is of course open to much speculation, but of course without rumours, we'd have no forum anyway.

My original posting was as much for the families of the detainees as for the miscreants themselves. You could argue that they knew the risks and shouldn't have gone, that's of no help to wives, children, fathers, mothers...I could go on.

Aviation is a world-wide affair, we can all get in trouble in a foreign land through misunderstandings and I'd like to think that we're a network with similar interest in aviation - we don't just do it for the money, as I'm sure we all remind ourselves when that meagre paycheck arrives.

I don't know every member of the party in Greece, but I'm willing to wager that some of them are connected with the aviation industry, and as such, worthy of our help.

So, I'll get off the soapbox now, if nobody gives a rat's about Paul, then fair enough, but as I said originally, I have known one of the guys for 30 years, and he's got a wife and kids wondering if he's coming home this week. Do it for them, eh?????