PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Shortage
Thread: Crew Shortage
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 07:08
The Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Legality is open to interpretation and it’s OUR interpretation that counts, not yours. If you do not accept a duty that we believe is legal, it will be put down as a missed duty and you will bear the consequences. Try it; we are looking to make an example out of someone.

Most pilots are unsure about the AFTL’s and it is very easy to persuade someone when they are unsure. Very few pilots have the nerve for confrontation whether it is legal or not.

The recording of crew control is their for OUR protection, not yours. If it can be used against us, the tapes will be misplaced. We have done this before

As I have said, CHIRP reports stop at corporate safety and go no further. If there is an incident, certain reports will disappear. Not many will have the courage to write a CHIRP. There is no such thing as confidentiality in The Cathay Pacific Group and the pilots know this.

We have built in accountability blocks to protect the people that need be. Yes the crew controller will be considered acting on his or her own (not on behest of the company) and will bear the accountability if there is an accident or incident however minor it may be, very similar to your own Commanders Discretion. Discretion is there to bear all the responsibility to the pilot and shield the company.

Our GMA is very good at keeping the CAD in the dark on our AFTL’s and our Rostering Practices. As far as the CAD is concerned in most cases, they will turn a blind eye.

As I have said before, You will do what you are told. You have no protection from your AOA and you know it, the AOA know it, and of course we know it. We will do what we want.

Most think the CAD have to power to make us change, nothing can be further from the truth.

In some cases the CAD is oblivious to what is actually happening, which means the GMA is doing a very good job.

Here is to my bonus.

The Management