PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 18:16
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly SLF = Self Loading Freight

regularpassenger: In short NO, the majority of CC would not be willing to sacrifice their perks. Happy to compare themselves to BA, but not able to actually comprehend what life is like without requested weekends off and free flights.

FAO av8rboyz
"I see that passengers enjoy the service that these under paid, over worked and under appreciated crew provide."
Are you for real?
We're not bloody Victorian chimney sweeps. We work a max of 900 hrs a year. My family travel free across the world, mainly in Upper. I have a great pension and excellent health cover. I've lost count of the parties that I have attended all paid for by the company, but thats probably because I'm too busy sipping cocktails from my 4* hotel in Barbados!Oh yes, and I take home approx £1600 pm plus flight allowances which can be anything up to £600 if I save them. Under appreciated? Everyone gets a review on them on every flight plus a detailed report on them every 3 months, not to mention a letter the moment something other that the norm occurs on board, thats not under appreciated, Management are not here to blow our noses and wipe our bums!

Wee Jock is 100% correct in his/her posting. Why should the very people who keep us in a job give a rats arse about how poor we are? Not their problem. So VAA are not currently in line with other airlines, trust me we soon will be, but not if we strike.

Last edited by sign-it-to-your-room; 4th Nov 2007 at 18:27.