PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 17:21
Minnie38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a close relative of cabin crew I can see where you are all coming from, my sister does a fantastic job and is poorly paid (I'm not going to go into the rights and wrongs), she voted no originally (so she tells me) but she doesn't know what to do now (again, so she tells me).

Well, unfortunately the damage is already starting since the press publicised the potential strike.

I work for a large company who fly frequently to the States, all our staff fly in Upper Class.

As soon as the cat was out of the bag so to speak, we've been issued a directive to use other carriers (namely BA). I'm not talking a few passengers here, I'm talking a significant number.

You can imagine what similar businesses are going to be doing as well, not to mention the holiday members like WJMcP above.

I've also got a flight coming up shortly (personal, paid for out of my own pocket) - will I be gutted if my holiday is ruined, yes, will I fly Virgin again,
to be honest probably not for a while at least, because from a passenger point of view, once there's strike action you know it can happen again and you don't want another holiday ruined.

I know you guys deserve more but please think very carefully what you're going to do, not just strike because you're so p'd off with Virgin and it's management. An airline only makes money from it's passengers, if those passengers fly elsewhere and you end up with empty planes, what is going to happen - pretty simple really.

I will always back you guys as I really do know how hard you work and everything that's involved but I don't honestly think striking is the best way of going about it. Sorry.