PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 16:59
Wee Jock McPlop

Message From The SLF

Ladies/Gents,

Firstly, I've flown Virgin a number of times and must commend the CC for what is, in my opinion, a first class service - even to those of us in the cheap seats! But I am concerned that many of you advocating strike action seem to completely ignore the impact your actions will have on the SLF and possibly the future of your airline as a whole.

My family and I are booked with you guys for what will be our first proper family holiday in years - it's been a busy few years. Now I'm not looking for a sympathy vote (far from it), but if your strike action results in my family losing our holiday, which I've paid a great deal of money for, I will be less than pleased. The same feelings will no doubt apply to the many other SLF who fly with you.

The bottom line is that the SLF are lucky enough still to have a choice of who we fly with, wherever it is in the world we wish to go. There are plenty of airlines out there looking for our business. If my holiday is lost, then I will exercise that choice and not give Virgin my business in the future. No matter how good you may appear to be, your strike action (if it goes ahead) will impact greatly on the lives of many - not just you guys. In such a competative market place, is strike action really the best way of going about things? I'm not being provocative. Just letting you see another point of view.

WJMcP