PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 14:07
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walkman,

we haven't banged on about any 60% - I have just shown you the maths the contradict your statement that 30% of crew prepared to strike could not call a strike - lets leave it at that and see what happens.

As for Last in First out/Date of Joining (LIFO/DOJ) being illegal due to age discrimination. This is not the case in the airline sector (may be elsewhere) several airlines of late, MY Travel, Thomas Cook, Thomsonfly, First Choice have all taken legal advise with their recent mergers and been advised by legal council that LIFO is fully legal within the airline community and the least likely of all the other options to fail a successful legal challenge with regards to redundancies. (This I know because I have friends who work in all those airlines)

Its not a snapshot as the anti pay deal pro strike came out and voted whereas the rest did not
Do you really think that those that wanted a Yes just didn't vote then ? Are you serious ? It is a clear snapshot of the crew. but its pointless arguing lets agree to disagree on this one and see what the ballot comes back as.

Thanks for answering with regards to your links to virgin, I did interpret your posts as those of a passenger who will be upset if your schedule is disrupted by industrial action - I respect that but please let the crew get on with our negotiations for our pay to pay our mortgages. As you say the ability not to pay mortgages and bills does focus the crew - that's why many have voted no so far... because they are in that situation already.

Eeit to add - The reason we are in the situation already is because the cost of living has been rapidly rising and salaries have not in line with that, thus hopefully preventing the argument of ..you knew what you would earn when you joined 10 years ago ! Not everyone has a good man/woman/mum/dad to support their income.

Last edited by scoobydooo; 4th Nov 2007 at 14:21. Reason: last minute thought