PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 11:59
Grease 7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, for instance a crew member who communtes and has been rostered a JFK 3 on the proposed strike day will probably be better of financially aupporting the strike than .... paying for a commuter ticket, overnight accomodation for perhaps 2 nights and only recieving $144 in allowances plus a days money!!!!
This is what I don't understand. I hear these complaints time and time again. I have worked at various airports all over the world and I have always lived near the airports. Even if that has meant renting out my property while I was away. This is simply because I could never afford to pay for an air/rail/bus ticket to work each day or pay for accommodation locally on top of living expenses elsewhere. The cost of getting to work is a personal cost that has to be met by everyone who works, where you live and the level of those costs is down to personal choice it is not something that can be introduced into a disagreement about terms and conditions. If it costs you more to get to work than you get paid that is not the employers problem.