View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 10:30
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those advocating strike action must have either
a) someone else paying the bills
b) savings they can pizz away
c) not thought out how
Or be looking for a fair deal ! When you buy a lottery ticket are you down with misery because you have lost £1 or are you focused on the end result ?

Walkman - you keep going on about the % of the crew and the non votes. It really doesn't matter if in the next round 50% of people dont return the votes and of the remaining 50% 30% votes Yes and the remainder vote no that 30% of the 3200 is enough to carry a 60-40% in favour of action. So... clearly 30% is strong enough. The numbers do not mater - it is a "snapshot" of the crew. You can argue till you are blue in the face about the actual number of votes but it makes no difference.

Just remember that when redundancies do come they have 1,000 odd to choose first.
Not that I think it;s relevant but you will find there are strict criteria as to who goes first, not selective criteria - that's illegal.

I expect the people who did not send back their ballot papers to vote no to a strike
And others I have spoken to who did vote yes now believe they have to unite with the striking crew. example - http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpos...&postcount=357

We shall just have to wait and see.

Edited to add - Walkman do you actually work for Virgin ? Just wondered as it would appear from searching all of your posting you spend a lot of time on PPRuNe having lots to say about lots of discussions ? I did chuckle at this quote of yours
Let's not forget Virgin Atlantic's role in this rip off of their passengers, especially as they have tried to sell themselves as ethically superior to BA when all along they are no different.

Last edited by scoobydooo; 4th Nov 2007 at 10:43.