PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 07:07
Eight Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is PAL really short on pilots ??

I have an application with PAL since Oct 06 and updated my flight times again in March this year.

According to a friend of mine who is a Capt in PAL, I have more than enough to qualify for a direct entry FO position. I have more than 2100 hrs TT ( 1800 multi ) with an ICAO (Australian) CPL/ME/IR and about to take the exam for ATPL.

I recently applied as a multi-engine instructor with Clark Aviation in Pampanga and they were good enough to hire me and give me a hand while waiting for PAL although due to license conversion delay, I have not started instructing yet. But soon.

However, PAL HR thinks I should pay a cash bond or a real estate mortgage as security. I replied to the email asking how much but never got a reply.
I am a Filipino citizen who has decided to come home due to personal reasons and will be staying here for good so I am a bit dismayed by this.

A certain lady in HR doesn't seem to like me much for heaven knows what reason. Three of my friends in PAL ( 2 Capts and 1 F.O ) asked about my application and was lashed out by her. Ang sungit daw !!!

Someone even told me that they have a back log of 1.5 years in hiring. Is this true ? Is HR really that slow ?? If they are then I would understand why I haven't heard from them. But on the otherhand, I thought they needed pilots yesterday.

I know some if not most of you in this thread are ex-PAL and current serving pilots so I would appreciate an honest answer whether to just forget the application and just try for Cebu Pac as I already had some indication from them.

Thanks my friends.

8Ball