PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 18:32
windscreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
part time

Hi burea.rbps (have I got that right?).....anyway part time at eJ
I am a 50% err and work a split month which means 2 weeks off and then working for 10 days in the following 2 weeks, this repeats every 28 days starting on a monday.
They wouldn't, when I last asked, roster me a fixed pattern in the 2 working weeks. In September and October I did 5/2/5/2 which meant I had both weekends off. In my November fortnight "on" I am doing 3on/2off/5on/2off/2on. I must ask again sometime for a fixed pattern.
You can do a "split week" which I think goes 4off/5on/7off/3on/5off/2on/2off which then starts the next cycle with 4off and away you go
I think there is now E.U.legislation in place which offers protection for part time working. When I started they did take the whatsit bigtime as I was rosterd 80 hours for my first 3 part time months (PMI/TLS every day) but they then conceded that this was wrong and spent the summer of 2006 getting my hours down which was quite pleasant. The 75% errs seem still to get a worse deal in terms of the level they work at. Certainley historically they effectively worked a full roster for 25% less pay. I keep a close eye on things and I'm running at about 440 hours/annum at the moment
I was lucky as I manage to secure part time after a year due to "external" reasons, my peers have waited for up to 3 years and had to throw their toys around a bit to get results.
Get on the list A.S.A.P and as they certainley over established at the moment so who knows.....hope this helps