PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Security, MORs and CHIRP
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 16:35
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On one occasion I delayed the aircraft and went for a coffee to cool off, this was a direct result of the mistake that I made if flying directly after a very big problem with security at another airport.

I reported both inccidents to the company and one CHIRP but security seem immune from any critical comment however in this politicly correct world I am going to take a new tack and use the discrimination laws to defend myself, it is clear that pilots are the best "sport" for the power drunk low life (about 10% of the security operatives) and Captains are the best of all to provoke, no doubt this makes the best banter in the canteen. So next time I will hit them with the discrimination card either on the captain grounds or as I have a lot of metalwork inside my leg discrimination of the disabled.

When they get a bit sharp wih you it is also worth pointing to the notices about abuse of staff and asking them to stay within the rules that they will apply to you if you so much as raise an objection.

The good news is that MAN security will have to comply with the new DfT rules for crew, two bags now allowed when on or within 24 hours of duty. we shall see if the power drunk half witts have taken the time to read the new rules!