PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - setting up a group
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 16:11
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to take a fall?

A330 Dreamer you are about to make a very big mistake if what you want is hours towards your A330 dream then buying is not for you.

Most flying groups hate hours builders at they hog the aircraft for a few months and then move on leaving the group to pick up the fixed cost of the aircraft throughout the year.

If you do get the aircraft you will have a lot of capital invested and may not be able to sell the aircraft when you need the money for the ATPL training and you will still be paying the fixed charges wile trying to sell.
If you have a major problem tis will cost you big time to get the aircraft back in the air and because you will want to move on you won't get any of the return that a long time group member would.

This may seem a bleak picture that I am painting but I have seen it all before, if you go down this track you can kiss goodby to any chance of getting that ATPL soon because the aircraft will take all of your cash and more!

What you need is low risk low cost hours and that is why I am in business, leave the aircraft ownership untill you are flying a big jet and can truly enjoy aircraft ownership and reap the rewards for your investment.