PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 14:55
Fournier Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Dolly

Don't think you seem to realise how you get paid... 5 hours delay for £10 under the minimum wage?.

Remember this is on top of your normal wages for being at work that day, you are paid a wage to do a certain number of contractual hours each year, be it 750, be it 900, be it whatever. Divide your duty hours by what your basic salary is, that is your hourly rate. This delay money is on top of that. Don't argue about time down route as well, your allowances are for your time there, and although it may not be that high per hour when you work it out, remember, this unlike your normal wages, is tax free.

This is one thing that really really infuriates me about crew, its been said by others too, DO YOUR SUMS and KNOW YOUR FACTS before making silly winging statements. Crew down payments, commission from sales, and all those discounts you get down route for your crew social club are all bonus'. Before you pick holes in me, I live with VS crew and all this has been explained to me.

An interesting point that has come up in engineering many a time recently is if you are really that hard up, why do you all drive relatively new cars? There wasn't a single old banger in the Car Park this morning, lots of 206 convertibles all with their nice VS stickers hanging in the windows.