PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 14:10
virgin dolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI

I agree with Alfamatt this is going to be a tough ride.

Before attending the forum with management I was on the fence as 4.8 % is pretty good. I felt a bit brain washed by the management and issues that we talk about crew down, variable manning etc were not really addressed and brushed to one side. I thought that's why the management wanted us there to understand what we really were unhappy about but I was disappointed.

My last two flights went crew down while crew in different ranks were still on standby in check in...?
Had a delay inbound of just under 5 hours to be told I will only get £10..?

"Five hours of my time for £10 thats £2 per hour isn't that under the minimum wage".

So if I had said yes to the pay deal I'm accepting the above conditions..?

My opinion is that there is more money in the pot and the company will frighten us with job losses etc. But now that recruitment has now stopped who is there to make redundant when everything runs on a shoe string and so many cut backs have been made.
It's all about profits these days that's why so many strikes have taken place over the world.
The company can come in at the last minute just before a strike with a better pay deal. A 60% NO vote is sending a clear message to the management that there is a problem.

We have been given a voice and a vote by having a union which sends a clear message to rest of the company and the outside world that enough is enough. The company have put us in this position and I feel it sad that this is the only way that our voices can be heard.

I'm not willing to put up with these conditions anymore so I'm standing firm and tight. This attitude from the management is if you don't like it then leave...Wrong...I've put years into this company and all I'm asking for is to be respected with a decent pay package.

Regards,

Virgin Dolly