PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa 738 at Katowice?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 15:17
lederhosen

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Bit snide there Captplaystation

never would attempt an Autoland without reading the appropriate notam or Jeppy sidenote. Maybe that is why I don't mind to Autoland and you do

Seems like the robust charm of your emerald isle management is rubbing off on you.

Actually up to your last post you were doing a pretty good job of persuading me that autolanding off a CAT 1 approach made sense in certain circumstances.

Where your logic starts to break down is how this example of an unfortunate crew wiping out half the approach lights in Katowice, whilst you suggest probably trying to autoland, helps your argument.

PPRuNe at its best encourages an exchange of views and experiences amongst professionals. You guys must be very, very lucky in a combined 27 years of autolanding never to have had a disconnect. Some airports are much more prone to this, Munich as an example. It seems to happen most often when a previous aircraft lines up or vacates the runway, which I guess makes sense. Feel free to accept or reject this information as you wish.