PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa 738 at Katowice?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 15:08
Ferrobus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for your complete info dear friend!.
And very useful too!.

Can I go far away ??.
If were possible, I would like also to know the manufacturer and model of the equipment, and a couple of details:

1.- Number of antennas in the LOC array ( maybe 8 )
2.- Same as in GP. ( Maybe two or three in the same mast)

Many thanks again in advance for your help and patience.

By the way, seems that an Autoland with an ILS CAT I can be performed too!. That's new for me (remember, I'm not a proffesional pilot, only amateur ). I was only aware that it can be used in CAT II/III operations.

During my job I've seen lot of navaids reports from flight inspections, including ILS, of course.

In some cases, those graphics shows a good "LOC/GP signal structure" ... but until intercepting the DH for an ILS CAT I minimums. From here to touchdown graphic is so full of reflections and extrange patterns, that it can't be flown. So that ILS can be used as CAT I but no more. I've seen also many ILS CAT I that can be flown until almost touchdown without problem too !!.

So, dou yo have a database of this facilities?. Or, why are you absolutely sure that the signal you're receiving ( from an ILS CAT I ) is so good that yon can make an approach and landing in "autoland" mode?.

Maybe I'm asking a nosense, but as I told you I'm not a proffesional pilot, I'm only working to giving you the best and safer navigation guidance, and supporting ATM services.

Last edited by Ferrobus; 2nd Nov 2007 at 15:22.