PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircrew retention latest
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2002, 23:19
Hoots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I'm led to believe that the AEOp Non-Renumerative measures comprise of new recruiting measures. These, i'm told are adverts in flash magazines, an AEOp website, changing the name to WSOp, new platform opportunities(2 vacancies to ASTOR), recruiting posters etc. I'd like to know if this is true? When the Aircrew retention team visited i asked why there was no Airman Aircrew element on the team, the reply was that they would look after our intrests. Looks like they failed on that one,but i'm sure they will get promoted for a bl**dy good job. They got the master race what they wanted but all they have done is to divide the unique good working relationship we have with the Officer types. Well done MOD you've really screwed things up now. I have never seen so many pi**ed off Airmen Aircrew, as i have seen today, for a long time. I'm sure this is a good signal to pass onto anyone within the service who wants to remuster to Airman Aircrew (NOT). I also noted that the AFPRB were concerned about the MOD's proposals, should be good to see what they have to say for themselves. It also seems that the numbers have been fudged, they appear to be looking at the amout of AEOp's leaving the RAF, what about the many who change to the overmanned GD (AEO) or the Ops Support branch, they still leave the AEOp trade short of manning, but the figures, still don't give us a retention problem only a recruiting one. Don't they realise that some are so sick of the AEOp trade, but dont want to lose job security, that they take up the Ops support game. Wearing the blinkers is great when it comes to financial matters. And you can stuff your secondary duties. Be careful out there folks.