PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircrew retention latest
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2002, 01:46
Flatfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Another excellent retention package ! Thankfully at least lots more people benefit. . .However what have our lordships gained in terms of retention ? Most people in their last five years to run to the 'holy grail' of pension are in the 'pension trap' and pretty unlikely to leave. Of a quick poll around my squadron, not a single person in this bracket was considering leaving anyway. However the 28-32 year olds who missed out are still biding their time and waiting for the airlines to pick up. . .Also be very aware that the FRI1 & 2 will be subject to market forces, i.e. they could go down rapidly. Hardly a basis for future individual financial planning but an understandable element of flexibility for the armed forces.

So in summary, lots of people stay who were staying anyway and at enormous financial cost to the treasury. No more bleating because there won't be any more money for a long, long time.

Having said that, good wishes to all who are now planning holidays and new cars, I'm only jealous !