PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircrew retention latest
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2002, 22:53
Ginger Beer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Again this smax of an incentive for the boyz, devized by the boyz i.e. Pilots-n-Navs.. .The grown-ups have piled the non FJ world in with the rest of the so called targeted branches and included Officer GD AENG, AEO and ALM ? Where did they think that the other rearcrew officers were going to(NAV excluded)?? You have to be joking if you think that they had somewhere better to go, (generally speaking).

Not one of you can tell me why the "Aircrew" retention scheme, for all aircrew as it has been long publisised, failed to address a financial package (appropriate to us) to be implemented today. They could have saved themselves a few PVR's by advising us earlier that our scheme would be in 6 mths or so.

I personally feel betrayed and led along the garden path.

The presidence has now been set, professional aircrew, which is all that we were recruited to be and still are, is now to be paid as a salary without flying pay i.e. effectively flying pay is pensionable. This is what the professional NCO aircrew must ensure happens to us at our review. Not just a quick 10k or 15k bung, which we will have to give nearly half back to the treasury.

We need to address these concerns now, collectively as NCO Aircrew and not let them drag this out for long, as they are sure to try. We must have a date in the short term i.e. 6 mths for all to be revealed. Then we'll see if they can cope with a retention problem.

£45k as a train driver, on top of my pension. What do you think is going to happen?

Ginger Beer, only in dark-n-stormy's.