PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue To Operate Embraer's On Albury-Sydney Route.
Old 1st Nov 2007, 07:35
THE ORACLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howard,
I just saw your last post... and am delighted to see that you agree with most of what I have said. I am curious, however, are you in business, regional aviation, or some other line of endeavour either in or out of aviation? As for me, I am actively involved in the regional aviation business and have been for a very long time.... so let's agree to disagree and let market dynamics do their stuff!

Incidentally when the RJ 'craze' commenced in the early 1990's in the US, aeroplane salesman coined the nice little phrase of 'prop avoidance' to inculcate in the minds of regional aerplane purchasers that passengers preferred Jets.

In order to test this notion to see whether they needed to change to Jets, several large European regional airlines conducted exit surveys on their business customers, which was easy to do as nearly all regional activity in Europe is day return business flying. At the end of these surveys the Europeans concluded three things, ONE the business traveller demanded a quality product, consistent OTP and low prices, TWO the European business passengers didn't care whether the aircraft was a Jet or a Prop so long as the first set of criteria were satisifed and THREE Americans are very gullible people!!

Last edited by THE ORACLE; 1st Nov 2007 at 07:48.