PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai ATC
Thread: Mumbai ATC
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 19:29
320capt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More frequency's is definately something that should be done. As for the newspapers reporting the reference was to pilots flying with domestic carriers who come from mostly non english speaking countries, and in addition understand little english. They have difficulty in understanding the guys here and the guys vice versa for the guys on the ground.

Just a couple of months i saw an incursion while holding cause the guys at the controls did not understand they had to clear the runway instead of backtracking at one of the smaller fields. There was one on short finals!! Even me on the hold line had herd the convertsation enought to know there were two a/c on approach.

Having said that I must add the Press is really carelaes in reporting. they say all sorts of bull crap. just the other day they were calling a Go around A VERY DANGEROUS MANOUVER.. SECONDS FROM DISASTER etc...

Expat contriollers ain't happening!! put an expat with the same amount of airplanes to handle with the same syatems.. i am sure he/she won't fare any better. Its the systems that need to be put in place for flow management.

With RWY 27 closed Mumbai is absolute mayhem!! Got stuck a couple of times last week!! not a good situation.