PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe II
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 16:00
dollydaydream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I presume you have personal issues with EF - whoever they may be. Personally, no I am not a sheep and I hope it doesn't come to a strike but I and the majority of my colleagues are not prepared to put up with the constant disruption to our lives and the insulting manner in which many have been treated.
I enjoy my job between take off and landing, what I do not enjoy is not knowing what time I will finish work, tech and op issues aside, having to print out a new roster every time I check in because that has changed, listening to crewing's excuses as to why I'm not due a disruption payment when my duty has been extended by 10 hours of my original finish time etc etc etc....
Those are some of the things which need to be changed, I doubt there is anyone who can afford the loss of earnings which a strike would entail but perhaps they are looking at the bigger picture!!!
Barbie, I take it you won't be taking advantage of any improved t's&c's which may come about as a result of the unions actions.
Jobsagoodun, I have no desire to damage the company and I think the way Flybe have disregarded crew and passengers is well documented on this and other forums and if you work for them, unless you spend your working day in ear defenders, you must have overheard many unhappy people making their feelings known.
And before someone else 'has a go' I don't mean the everyday moans that every job in the world gives rise to I am talking about the issues which cause hard working, experienced, professional crew to become so unhappy and tearful that they leave.