PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Join the high pay airline - captains earn 40K GBP/yr!!!
Old 31st Oct 2007, 14:03
Empty Cruise

ECON cruise, LR cruise...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Join the high pay airline - captains earn 40K GBP/yr!!!

The following information has been published on a website with very good (i.e. firsthand) insight into the workings of ryanair and the T&C's that their pilots work under.

It might be worth having a quick comparison between these numbers and the numbers in the fancy banner ad above. I am not inferring that RYR are lying or decieveing the people it hopes to recruit - but I do infer that there is - as usual - more than meets the eye.

QUOTE/
We have been informed that the new basic salary for (all?) new captains is €58,500 (Stg40,000). In keeping with the terms of the new "pay deal" a year 1 captain will thus earn a basic salary of €52,650 (Stg£36,000).

This information has been confirmed by several sources and by reference to Ryanair documents.

Less clear are reports of a new basic salary of €52,650 being offered to some pilots. While this is obviously 90% of the figure we have confirmed, there are strong suggestions that some pilots have been told that this is their new basic. This implies that new captains would then receive a basic salary of €47,385 in their first year.
/UNQUOTE

Again, this information is not something that I have from first-hand-sources, but through trusted channels that deal with employment issues in RYR on a day-to-day basis. The information might still be flawed, inaccurate or misleading (the susual disclaimers apply... ) - but might give people food for thought and the incentive to seek more detailed information themselves before comitting their signatures to paper with a RYR letterhead.