PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christianity in the Military - more
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2001, 11:46
The Mistress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It became clear late last night that I had inadvertently given a pulpit to the Mil Forum's version of OCB.

"Due to the almost impossible task of policing these forums I have decided that there will be no more politics or religion discussed on the website. You may consider this decision despotic and you may be right but then who gave you a vote? All current threads that I consider to be too politically or religiously sensitive will be closed and any new ones will be dealt with accordingly. Anyone objecting to this decision can make their complaints in writing to [email protected]. Replies may or may not be forthcoming, depending on my workload or mood. Being a despot has its rewards."

I re-read the statement given by Danny re religious threads. It says Forums, not Forum and embraces the whole site.

1312 - who yesterday, came across as arrogant, closed minded and a dictator - is in my mind a bully. If this person were on the end of my 'phone I would put the 'phone down. If he were on my doorstep I would shut the door. Here I can refuse to let him use my thread. I never declared myself to be a Christian. That was his interpretation. His opening gambit was to call me ignorant of the RAF and its' Church. I merely listed the things I had done. He'd done it even better, apparently

Now he's started his own thread, that's fine. Danny can decide what to do about it when he gets back from wherever he is. I am quite conscious that this is a privately owned site and I have not yet paid Danny to be something other than another number.

Yes, it is big boy's rules - Danny's rules.

13/12 - I agree, I don't know if that's a flight number or you refer to 13 Apostles and 12 Disciples, if the latter then you may be a lay preacher or, even a Padre yourself. Fine.

You were going down a path I know that Danny would dislike. You were touching on matters that I cannot answer at this time for legal reasons. Make the same points in a few month's time and it will be a different matter.

I thank moggie for his input. He comes across as a really nice chap - his assessment of my belief is quite correct. I also thank kbfi. For 13/12's info kbfi and I are not on snogging terms either. However, kb expressed his deeply held and very personal views in a reasoned and polite manner.

Beags was just taking the mick - good for him - it was intended to be a light hearted thread in the first place and look where it got to.

I am happy to continue this discussion - on YOUR thread

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: The Mistress ]