PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 08:43
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy1
I rarely post on R&N, as I'm aware it's for pilots mainly, but I though the opinions of GB pax may be relevant. It is very sad to see GB go.
I stand by my comments. I'm sure everyone who works at easyJet have a great time, and that's fine.
As a very frequent flyer, I don't like easyjet. I have flown with them, many years ago, and made the decision I didn't like them. Cramped aircraft, no food, staff pestering people to buy things, no pre-allocated seat. I do not doubt they will get many people looking for 'cheap deals' to the canaries.
They suit a certain type of passenger.
When I (and many others) fly on holiday, I look for quality. GB offered quality (I have flown with them many times), and it is sad to see them go.
Some people like easyjet, that is their choice.
I also stand by my comment, that the canaries tourism board would dearly love to encourage more 'high quality' tourists, regardless (unlike you) of nationality. The ending of the BA services cannot be of any help in this.
Please don't try to tell me Easyjet are as good as GB, as it just isn't so, by any stretch of the imagination.
As regards driving (??!)- a silly comment. I'll just choose to go somewhere else instead.