PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 00:06
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not only will EZY be at MAN next summer but I believe they will be at MAN in full force! There are a lot of mixed views regarding this but I genuinely believe that they will take this opportunity with both hands. They have not hidden the fact that they've always wanted to come into Manchester. They wanted MAN over LPL back in the day and they were close to setting up a base here two years ago and it was only slot restrictions that stopped them. Now that they have prime slots and the opportunity to get their foot in the door, there's noway that they're going to turn it down.

Furthermore, I'll bet my bottom dollar that someone at easyland right now is looking at routes constantly being dropped by LS, WW et al and thinking we can be in here. It's their golden chance.

Forget the fact that LPL is down the road. EZY are not stupid. They're not going to overlap routes and force pax of their Liverpool flights. I doubt very much that we'll see them operate AGP, ALC, PMI etc. They're astute enough to realise where the potential is and along with some of the ex GB routes, I reckon we'll soon see the likes of MAD, SXF, NCE and many other 'missing' destinations back on our departure boards on a year round basis.

Watch this space...