PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XLS and 3000 ft long runway
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 14:10
Yogibaboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx

Thanx guys for all replies.

To be honest I don't care about JAR OPS because we fly private (non AOC). Currently we operate CJ1 from that runway and with JAR OPS that also would not be possible. We don't operate from that runway during winter season as well as if runway is wet. We fly just short 1 - 1,5 hour missions with 2 pax. If we have to fly farther or with more pax, we fly to big international airport nearby (65 NM) with a little fuel, refuel there and fly to destination. We don't do anything out of the limits. We going to do that way with XLS+, too.

According to Flight Planning Guide from Cessna, take-off performances are even better that CJ1 (we can fly longer missions), but landing doesn't look nice, but theoretically is possible.
At elevation 1000 ft, 12800 lbs BOW, 1400 lbs alternate fuel and 4 pax (15000 lbs landing weight) and no wind we can still land up to 40 Celsius.

I am asking you as pilots: What do you think about that? Is it going to be very hard to land on that distance?

My experience with CJ1 is very positive. When I was trained at FlightSafety I asked almost every instructor about landing CJ1 on that short runway and everyone was sceptical. Fortunately test pilot from Cessna showed me how to do that in reality and it appeared that I can stop aircraft at distance about 30-40% shorter than calculated.

Is it going to be the same with XLS?
Or maybe it is completely different story?

Regards,

Yogi