PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa 738 at Katowice?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 11:15
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jagohu, apologies for my patronising tone. I can only say in my defence, that like many on here I am frustrated when the same question is asked , when a wholly accurate and comprehensive explanation has already been proferred. I am sorry, like many of us in aviation, you have known individuals involved in something like this, and I respect your desire to know how this could happen. B737 Captain has already clarified the experience levels of crew involved , and the AEA SOP's, so it becomes a little harder to understand. For sure the FDR and CVR will yield some clues, as, without some serious malfunction within A/C or ILS there would have been an awful lot of noise going on in the cockpit that seems to have been ineffective in persuading the crew to correct the trajectory. Perhaps the length of the duty,(and those preceeding it) finishing in the middle of the night may have some bearing here. As always, sod's law dictates that the approach to minima will "always" be the last one at the end of a long day/night.