PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to Europe?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 10:44
TMAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bazzamundi, this may be a valid concern for many corp clients at the mo. But I suspect JQ has to wait and see what fight develops with Tiger before they dramatically increase their cost base by intro connectivity. It is actually a bigger step than many would imagine. Mean while if big corp are travelling QF then they shouldnt have a problem as they can connect no probs.

Perhaps a solution for sponser deals like the cowboys or even big corp, a suitable arrangement can be made for them at ports where they have no choice but to use JQ, that they include in the price a charge for connectivity.

As for cut off times for bags at -30, all 3 carriers have this. But QF and DJ have a shorter time for non bag pax. The reasons are obvious for ensuring bags are on and load planning are done. But even more important in JQ low cost model that paper work gets manually taken to crew. There are limited resources on the ground to run these around if they are late. But in saying that I understand most ports hold check in open until a delayed flight lands (as there is a 30 min ground time), so I suggest claims from Whitepointer (told by Virgin staff) are either inflated or incorrect. Nor do Virgin have specials for JQ pax!! The DJ staff or agents use the exact same reservation system as JQ and they can only sell the lowest avail fare level that pops up, the same (in fact $15 more) than u would find on the internet at the exact same time! The staff has zero influence over it.

I think all 3 carriers have their pro's and con's and they have balanced themselves very cleverly across the market. With Virgin now looking to take on the high yield business market (with prem econ seats being intro for 737) as tiger moves in and targets the lower end. Of course this means JQ prob will (and should) hold off too many fancy things as they will need to fight Tiger for the QF Group. It will be an interesting 12 months ahead. Good for the consumer.